Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin Seed-Garbanzo Dressing

Tonight on an inspiration for a thick dressing and not the lemony-squeeze I usually put over a salad, I started dumping items in the blender. And since on October 31, people like to incorporate pumpkin on their porches and in their meals, I used pumpkin seeds instead of the high glycemic pumpkin flesh ... ah, but my taste buds were delighted!!!


Pumpkin Seed - Garbanzo Dressing
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (soaked 1 hour then soak water dumped)
1 cup cooked garbanzo beans
1 1/2 cups garbanzo bean liquid
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon marjoram
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
1/3 teaspoon cumin powder

Whizz in the BlendTec. Should be thick but easily pourable. And now that I've made it, I think it might even be better with a little fresh lemon juice, onion and/or garlic. Any of those three would add more zest ... :) The fresh onions in my salad really came alive with the dressing combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment