Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Lyme Disease, Babesia and Candida

A friend who's been long-term sick (30 years) just told me that her sickness is from Lyme Disease and a co-infection of Babesia. When I last talked with her 1 1/2 years ago, I don't think she had diagnosis, so hurray that now she can address the specific problems. As I had never heard of babesia, I did some web searching, and found that like lyme disease, babesia is a bacterial infection [although some people argue that viral conditions can exist]. Searching further, the recommended diet for lyme and babesia is gluten-free, dairy-free and sugar-free. Well, that pretty much sums up the core of the candida diet, another bacteria-borne illness.

While at Wildwood Lifestyle Center & Hospital where I went when things went wa-ay out of control, I asked how they could treat Lyme disease as a good friend in Korea was diagnosed with that when she was three months pregnant. By the time the much-awaited baby arrived, she was very ill. We reconnected when her son was about three years old [2 1/2 years ago] and my friend was in a bad, bad, bad situation. She was extremely weak and highly excitable to the point of retreating to the couch to pant for the majority of the afternoon. She was exhausted and obviously her adrenals were exhausted too. [By the way, after spending one year in the states with her parents and extended family, eating a less acidic diet, and constant love around her, she recently told me that she's getting better and better, and seems to be entering some kind of remission!] At the lifestyle center, they told me that lyme disease is treatable with diet and herbs, but of course the success of the treatment depends mostly on how long the person has had the disease.

I didn't ask which herbs were used to treat lyme's and now I regret it. Candida, which is a bacteria overgrowth of bacteria which can become mold-like and fungal, can be treated with several herbs - oregano oil, grapefruit seed oil, thyme and many more. I would be interested to know if these three bacterial diseases (candida, lyme's and babesia) could be treated with the same herbs ... my guess is yes, but I'm not finding much herb treatment for either Lyme's disease or babesia on the internet [am very interested in pursuing this!]

No comments:

Post a Comment