Friday, December 28, 2012

"Meat-patty" Bake with Supper

At least twice a week, we put a huge spread on the table. The point is to make enough for leftovers for at least one meal, at least with the entrees. Concerning salads, my family rips through a whole huge salad almost every meal so there is rarely any left over, so come the next meal, we've gotta put another huge salad together. A lot of work when in a hurry, but then we have to focus on the positive - it's a great toxin remover from the body and everyone is trying to stay as toxin-free in out chemical infested world as we can. 

The menu tonight is toss salad, spaghetti squash, lightly steamed broccoli, lightly boiled green beans spiced with fresh ginger, and "Meat-patty" Bake. The closest version of the "Meat-patty Bake" isn't for me. It has a soy sauce marinade with fungus (mushrooms) and high-glycemic carrots, but I'll bet that fermented soy sauce marinade rocked! Yum, used to love that stuff. My "Meat-patty" Bake had just a simple garlic and seasonings infused olive oil drizzled on top. It was pretty good. I think I would prefer just dipping my "meat-patty" in some pesto or infused olive oil. I think the baking the second time around was unnecessary ... but that's what the "normal" world does - bake and bake and bake their food. Hmmm, on that.   


green beans boiled with slivers of ginger - very tasty and no salt needed
yummy spaghetti squash - the dark colors are the seasonings that baked into the squash
a rather out-of-focus close-up


Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of my version. This version with carrots and mushrooms is NOT mine,
but the vegie "meat" patties themselves were the same.

2 comments:

  1. yum friend! Can I come for the next meal!^^ SO, what is in the "meat patty bake"? Anything that I could have? Instead of using soy for the marinade, could raw coconut aminos be used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried coconut aminos so wouldn't know how to work with the flavors, but if it's anything like raw coconut oil which I use always every day, then for a marinade I'd have the coconut oil, minced fresh ginger, minced garlic maybe and then I'd have to see how they tasted combined before I added in anything else like perhaps fresh lemon juice or herbs. Salt is an 'of course'. And Cam, let me know when you'd like to come and I'll make you a whopping huge spread!!!

    ReplyDelete