Sunday, December 16, 2012

Thai Almond Sauce

This was delicious, except I think I'm not quite ready for something quite so "sticky" on my esophagus ... because as I said before, that's where the problem is, and after eating the yummy yummy almond sauce, I felt vague tightness in the throat. I should just stick with whole washed nuts and whole vegies and forget that almond butter exists for just a while longer.

Thai Almond Sauce

3 tablespoons coconut oil
3 tablespoons almond butter
1 1/2 tablespoons minced ginger
1/2 onion, sliced
5 cloves garlic, sliced or minced
1 baby zucchini, sliced
1 baby yellow squash, sliced
3-4 ribs celery, sliced
sea salt

pre-cut the vegies
heat the almond butter and coconut oil over low heat
continually stirring, sautee the onion, garlic and ginger ...  then add in the remaining vegies and seasonings.
some additional water will be necessary to prevent burning
yum, there's nothing like young and tender asparagus!
serve with brown rice, or just eat it plain with vegies like me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment