Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Stuffed Squash

This is not a zucchini and it's certainly not a yellow squash, but it's something of a mix. While the person with candida can eat the zucchini but not the yellow, summer or winter squashes, I wondered if it is possible to eat this one. I'd say not because it caused some phlegm afterwards and was certainly sweeter tasting like the yellow squash, so must be higher on the glycemic chart. Anyway, this dish is suitable for the zucchini although perhaps not as colorfully green and the size is much longer. Ah well ... still would be good.


To keep the colors bright, in the fry pan I lightly sauteed onions and garlic and then added zucchini, the tiniest amount of the high glycemic carrot, grain of choice, and seasonings (basil, marjoram, thyme and salt). After turning off the heat whole frozen cranberries were stirred in.

While making the stuffing, I put the hollowed out "zucchini" in my toaster oven with a little coconut oil in it and a shake of salt. When it was getting tender, I stuffed the squash and for 8-10 more minutes baked it in the toaster oven. For the new year, I plan to get a real oven. The toaster oven cooks so slowly and is recommended to only be used for a maximum of 15 minutes before cooling it down. But not complaining, the dish turned out fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment