Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Egg Foo Young Wraps

My younger bro loves egg omelets so thought I'd treat him to one of his favorite versions, Egg Foo Young, and make me a more candida-friendly version. Lucky us, because our cousin delivers every so often his wonderful farm-raised eggs! We know what those chickens ate (no meat-waste and such in the feed!) and that they are truly free-range. Many "free-range" chickens have been impressed as chicks not to venture out of the coop, so when they are more mature, they won't venture out ... and thus in places where the doors of their containment centers are opened, but of course the impressed chickens don't venture out, those eggs can 'honestly' be labeled as "free range". Humph!
 
Anyway, I kind of put together a foo young sauce for me but this is one time when I wish I could add soy sauce. It just isn't the same without it.
 
Omelets (makes 2)
 
4 eggs
garlic powder
Italian seasonings
sea salt
 
Egg Foo Young Sauce
 
3-4 tablespoons coconut oil
1 medium onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, sliced or minced
1 large chunk ginger, minced
3 stems bok choy, sliced on a angle
1 wedge cabbage, thinly sliced
1 small yellow squash, sliced
1 baby carrot, sliced very thinly (for color)
4 pea pods, sliced very thinly (for color)
garlic powder (optional)*
thyme powder
rosemary powder
sea salt
 
 
 



Oops, the omelets were a bit overstuffed ... not so attractive but tasty enough.
(Asian food really needs soy sauce.)
This is the non-candida version I made for my family. They said it was very tasty, and my bro was
more than delighted to pack the two extra ones for his lunch boxes for the next two days. That's quite the compliment.
My candida-friendly version VS the non-candida friendly
My Egg Foo Young Wrap was so overstuffed it fell to bits. Tasted OK though.
My bro's Egg Foo Young Wrap ... and his starchy corn.


[This recpe was also made in 2012 summer and written up shortly after returning to Korea. Since, I have virtually quit eggs and meat (fish), I feel a great lightness after my meals ... and it's an exhilariting experience to compare the BEFORE and the NOW!]

No comments:

Post a Comment