Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Breakfast Egg Soufflé

My cousin raises his own free range chickens and is ultra careful about what kind of feed he gives them, so I'm more relaxed about eating eggs when I can have his! This recipe made with 6 eggs made 4 soufflés, the other one not pictured, and the secret for making this so light and fluffy was by using the blender. I just put the eggs, garlic and a large chunked-up onion in the blender and whizzed them really good. Then I added all the remaining ingredients and just lightly buzzed them, keeping the dill as whole, and therefore, as colorful as possible. After baking the soufflé cups in sprayed/lightly oiled dishes for 20 minutes at 350F, garnish with fresh dill and serve hot.


Breakfast Egg Soufflé

6 large eggs
1 large onion, chunked
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil
sea salt
several stems of fresh dill
 
[Made in the 2012 summer when I had access to real bona fide free-range eggs. However, eggs, even free-range, are made of meat proteins which take more enzymes to digest than plant proteins. The human body is not designed to digest such heavy proteins and the body processes are slowed. Now that I've become 80% raw and have virtually quit all eggs and meat, I can recognize the difference on days when I eat an egg omelet or even when I eat too many cooked foods. My body in both instances feels heavy. And then after a meal of lots of vegies, particularly uncooked ones, my muscles feel supple and my joints move like they're well-oiled. I r-e-a-l-l-y like the new and improved me!]

No comments:

Post a Comment