Sunday, January 6, 2013

Gingery Asian Stir Fry

Was feeling like something Asian, like a vegie stir-fry. The only problem with that is I can't have soy sauce - it's fermented. So I made my family a stir-fry with all the niceties and for myself, well, mostly vegies. I did, however, come up with a pretty nice sauce -- coconut oil, lots of ginger and garlic and that was where the flavor pack came from. Looks bland but has a gingery kick to it ... nice!
 
My gingery Asian stir-fry is to the left; to the right is an Southeast Asian stir-fry with yummy things I can't have ... yet.
Looks rather boring but that heavy ginger with coconut made it really yummy and zippy!

Everyone else had rice noodles with their stir-fry, but I skipped that and ate my zippy stir-fry with some lightly steamed asparagus, and a raw salsa-like salad. And for once I even drank with my meals - not good for digestion, but as I said, it was unusual. Some lovely fresh turnip greens were converted into a high vitamin smoothie. Yum! Sorry, no picts of that.

For the recipe of the Southeast Asian stir-fry that is not candida friendly, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment