Sunday, August 31, 2014

Dairy-free Veggie Primavera

Gluten-free pasta of your choice  
Veggies: 
2 carrots, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
1 zucchini, angle-sliced
1 yellow squash, angle-sliced
2 scallions, sliced
5-6 cloves garlic, sliced
olive oil

Primavera Sauce: 
3/4 - 1 cup cashews
1 small onion, chopped
2 t. turmeric powder
2-3 cloves garlic
handful of basic leaves, if desired
salt and pepper to taste 
prepare your veggies
first, lightly sauté the garlic and shallots in olive oil
then add in the remaining veggies, and add water to nearly cover them.
cooking at high temps kills enzymes really quickly so simmer, if time permits
When the veggies are tender, pour the sauce made in a high-speed blender over the veggies and cook another 10 or so minutes. Sauce will thicken on its own.
After the sauce and veggies are ready, mix them into the pasta.
I can't eat mushrooms or the marinade, but I made them for others at the table to have a fuller Italian-like meal. 
Homemade almond milk and my meal (minus the marinated mushroom)
I realize that cashews are NOT on my systemic candida diet; however, I was also feeding other people (hence, the marinated mushrooms) and since I've been very careful with my diet, eating cashews once in a low amount probably isn't going to hurt me. I did carefully choose cashews that didn't look discolored though so hopefully with minimal mold that they are known to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment